Re: site-wide headers

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 11:11:32AM +0300, Eitan Adler wrote:
> c) I don't understand why we have HS or SM tags at all. So long as the
> site-headers file returns 200, has contents, and has the correct media
> type those headers should be used.

Simply so that :
  1) the server knows whether or not it should use this method instead
     of sending all the relevant headers

  2) the client knows whether the server assumed the client is going to
     use them or if the server doesn't expect the client to use them

> d) Do we want to create a whitelist of headers that should exist in
> site-headers and have user agents validate it? At the moment the draft
> lists a small number of blacklisted items.

It may do more harm than good because everyone has a different use case.
Suggestions and examples are more appropriate here (that's what the draft
does by the way).

Regards,
Willy