Re: [tcpm] TCP Tuning for HTTP - update

Hi, Willy,

On the issue of ACK compression effects:

On 8/17/2016 10:38 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>>     - watch out for ACK compression effects (turn it off in favor of ABC
>> > if you can)
> It does not happen that much with HTTP. Many connections on the server side
> see only one, sometimes two requests, and most responses are small (about
> 20kB on average, with favicon fitting in a single segment). Note, I'm talking
> about observations on average web sites.
The effect is more pronounced for smaller responses, for any response
using an odd number of packets. The last odd packet will be stalled
because the client needs to timeout before it will send an ACK for a
single segment (it's waiting for the second segment).

It doesn't matter how many requests you have, but the impact can be
complicated on persistent connections.

Joe