Re: H2 Implementation Debug State URI

On 08/10/2016 03:50 AM, Cory Benfield wrote:

> using Max-Forwards is conditional on not dumping
> HPACK. That may be an acceptable compromise.

What is wrong with receiving HPACK state from hop #(N+1) that has
allowed its HPACK state sharing, even if you actually asked to see HPACK
state of the unsupporting hop #N? I understand that #(N+1) may not be
very useful in some triage cases, but I am sure it will be useful in others.

The Via headers and/or equivalent will tell the client which hop
responded to the Max-Forwards:N debugging request (and, in most cases,
whether any unsupporting hops were skipped).

Alex.