Re: Call for Adoption: draft-song-dns-wireformat-http

On 3 August 2016 at 10:47, tjw ietf <tjw.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
> There was another draft which discussed various methods of DNS over HTTP
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shane-review-dns-over-http/
>
> We didn't choose to put it up for adoption, but it may be worthy to merge
> some of that into this document.

The questions that that document asks are the right ones, namely: what
is the purpose of the protocol?  Avoiding network errors is - at least
in my view - a poor reason to move to HTTPS.  How HTTP is used is one
issue that needs to be considered when choosing an approach;
draft-song doesn't really do that very well.