Re: If not JSON, what then ?

--------
In message <57A0A585.4060402@tzi.org>, Carsten Bormann writes:

>But I was interested in whether CDDL can be used as a specification
>language here,

I'm guess it is this draft ?

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-greevenbosch-appsawg-cbor-cddl/

>For -09, we are discussing to add a separate machine-readable (JSON)
>encoding to be used by tools, in addition to the human-readable format
>to be used by humans.  (No intention to make both the same, that would
>be a classical mistake.)

I don't have an informed opinion about CDDL at this point, but
having two parallel specifications sounds like a clas^H^H^H^Hantiquity
mistake to me.

How do you plan to make sure they both say the same thing ?