Re: If not JSON, what then ?

----- Mail original -----
De: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>

>>I thouroughly mislike all the encoding dance and escaping one time
>>it's UTF-8 another not.

>I think you are barking up another tree than I am.

>I'm trying to find a way to lay down a common structure so people
>dont *have* to break things to get them to work as they do now.

I appreciate the intent (really) but I feel the result of tip-toeing around unicode rules just generates a lot of complexity, makes the general case complex and special cases simple, when it should be the reverse (general case → just UTF-8 with no additional rules, special cases → just use binary)

There are 7 (!) text encoding cases in your proposal

--
Nicolas Mailhot