Re: Informal meeting on blind caching

For the "Blind caching in a CDN edge cache that is acting as a delegated
origin server" scenario I think we'd be better off separating out the
high-level mechanism (ie, getting oob-encoding) right from the actual
business model and implementation details for how the caches get
populated.  The former is something we can tractably do here (have a way to
delegate content bodies out to third-parties) but the latter is something
that could easily fill up its own working group to get all of the details
worked through.

I also think that we shouldn't refer to "CDN" in this scenario as much as
referring to delegating between a server acting as an authoritative origin
and a collection of servers at a lower trust level.  (In some deployment
scenarios, the former might be a CDN and the latter might be either a
different trust tier of CDN nodes or federated-but-less-trusted partners.)

The specific blind caching with a configured proxy cache is a well-defined
use-case, but the others have many different ways to implement that trying
to standardize something now before there has been more experience with
implementations and business models seems like asking for trouble (and is
something that some of us may be less interested in than in defining common
underlying mechanisms and affordances to allow developing technologies in
this area).

        Erik