Re: Remaining lifetime | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-06.txt

On 5 July 2016 at 02:04, Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org> wrote:
> Perhaps add to somewhere:
>
>   Remaining lifetime of origin object is origin object lifetime
>   subtracted "current_age" of response. This is also remaining
>   duration for opportunistic commitment ("tls-commit").

I had a look at this, and couldn't really see that it was necessary.
The origin object is defined as being valid if the lifetime is greater
than the current age.

The best I could come up with is this:

 A client SHOULD avoid sending requests via cleartext protocols or to
unauthenticated alternative
-services for the duration of the origin object lifetime, except to
discover new potential
-alternatives.
+services while the origin object lifetime remains valid (see
{{well-known}}), except to discover
+new potential alternatives.

But I'm not convinced that we need it.