Re: JSON headers

--------
In message <CAHBU6iurgyL9r3io+0yx8Uqpd7g40e0KJfhkNSLgmj+9HKr_5w@mail.gmail.com>
, Tim Bray writes:

>I'm actually not convinced that the lack of a good way to declaratively
>specify a JSON DSL, for example for HTTP headers, is that big of a
>problem.  Schemas are overrated.  Clear English prose is under-rated.

... and under-available.

That argument would also be more convincing if ABNF was used less in RFCs :-)

But anyway we do it, formally or with (un)clear English, we need
to convince ourselves that there is usable way to specify HTTP
headers comprehensively using JSON.

Best way to do that, is to write up complete specifications for a
couple of nontrivial headers.

And if none of the present formal tools/languages for specifying
JSON are workable, we should seriously consider if we want JSON-lite
instead of the full monty, so that the can be made to work.