Re: FYI: Chrome plans to ship an implementation of same-site cookies.

What working code is called isn't really relavent in terms of RFC status.
The point of a standard is to get all implementors to do it an
interoperable fashion. Standards can originate outside of a WG. And as far
as I can recall, this WG hasn't rejected this work.