Re: Proposal: Cookie Priorities

On 04/03/2016 10:09 AM, "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> Thanks, Mike.
>
> As I understand it, this is already implemented in one browser, which is
good in that we're looking for implementation.

> What do folks -- both other browser implementers and site folks -- think
about this?

It's a practical issue with a simple (demonstrated) improvement. And hints
like this usually fall under "handy at best, harmless at worst" so I see no
harm in and of itself.

That said, maybe I've been listening to PHK for too long, but I wonder if
all these cookie patches aren't just putting band-aids over a fundamentally
flawed system. How many (and how big) cookies do you need to receive before
this priority comes to the fore?