Re: Alt-Svc WGLC

On 13 January 2016 at 14:03, Kyle Rose <krose@krose.org> wrote:
>> 1. the alternative service must be authenticated as the origin host
>
> If this is the case, then we should simply state that "Clients MUST
> NOT use an alternative service that does not strongly authenticate
> with the origin's identity."

There may be some reluctance to write text that duplicates other RFCs.

I think that we can get over that and include that statement.  Adding
a citation for RFC 7230 should avoid any potential confusion about
whether this is intended to override any guidance there.

>> 2. if the alt-svc advertisement isn't authenticated, the host can't be
>> different to the origin.
> "Clients MUST NOT use an alternative service whose host is different
> from the origin's if the alternative service advertisement was not
> strongly authenticated."

That works for me.  Julian, do you think that these statements could
be added to the root of Section 9?