Re: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-01.txt

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 06:47:46PM +0000, Mike Bishop wrote:
> Per the consensus in Buenos Aires, Martin and I have been working on
> merging the client-cert draft and the additional-server-cert drafts
> to a bidirectional method for either peer on an HTTP/2 connection
> to present/require certificates at the HTTP/2 framing layer before
> proceeding.

I noticed that clients that want to retain per-request control of
authority (anything that might want to use multiple authorities
without opeing multiple connections) has to eat 1-RTT penalty per
request due to not being allowed to send USE_CERTIFICATE frame
(one can speculate on proper value very well) immediately after
HEADERS (and AUTOMATIC_USE destroys per-request authority control).

-Ilari