Re: Submitted new I-D: Cache Digests for HTTP/2

Thanks Mike,

Can you point to any public-facing website  where connection coalescing
is working?

We haven't been lucky at configuring connection coalescing in our website
and that have led me to believe (perhaps mistakenly) that browsers don't
implement it yet. This page (
https://www.shimmercat.com/en/blog/articles/data-density/ )  for example
pulls resources from three subdomains on the same wildcard certificate,
same web server. Chrome creates a separate connection* for each of them
(seen by looking to chrome://net-internals, also confirmed by looking to
the logs of ShimmerCat). As a side-note, we use SANs at development, and
there there is no coalescing either. Same situation with Firefox.

* Actually Chrome opens  an entire connection pool for media.shimmercat.com
with six sockets, of which only one is used.