Re: HTTP/2 Upgrade with content?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:34:43 +0100 (CET)
To: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
cc: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, Stefan Eissing wrote:

> do you mean curl will, after seeing a 101 response, send the body on the
> HTTP2 stream 1? That could be made to work...

No, that won't work.

First, without "Expect: 100-continue" in the request the client will send the
body immediately without waiting for anything so there will be no chance to
send the 101 until after the request-body.

And _with_ "Expect: 100-continue" we've already concluded that 100 must be
sent back before the 101 and that will then make the body get sent as well
before the 101 will be considered!

The Expect+Upgrade discussion thread I'm referring to can be found here:

   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2013JulSep/1047.html

--

  / daniel.haxx.se