Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, "5.1 Stream States Push Requests"

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:58:45 -0800
To: Scott Mitchell <scott.k.mitch1@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Jan 13, 2015 7:47 PM, "Scott Mitchell" <scott.k.mitch1@gmail.com> wrote:
> >idle:
>       All streams start in the "idle" state.  In this state, no frames
>       have been exchanged.
>
> It seems like PRIORITY frames can be sent/received in the IDLE state
without causing a state transition as illustrated in [figure 2](
http://http2.github.io/http2-spec/#StreamStatesFigure).  If I am
interpreting this correctly then the `no frames have been exchanged`
statement is not necessarily correct if PRIORITY frames have been exchanged.

I meant to reply to this earlier, but I think that the easiest resolution
for this is to remove the offending sentence entirely.