Re: alpn identifiers (not again!)

The confusion is maybe in my head. I read an alt-svc with "h2c" as an advertisement that a client may connect via tcp, talk http in order to upgrade to h2. (or, outside the spec but implemented by many, as directly sending the PRIamble and switch to h2 that way.)

Similar "h2" in alt-svc seems to be the same with the addition of TLS in the stack and an additional way, ALPN, to upgrade.

Now, if I want to advertise that clients may connect via DTLS or maybe ssh to an endpoint that talks h2 (or h1 with upgrade), one would need a new ALPN identifier. Ok. But that id will never be meaningful in ALPN. That gives me the feeling that something is not right.

All that is specified will work. I am just looking for a way to do this better.