Re: Proposed HTTP SEARCH method update

What I was trying to illustrate is that DELETE is also a function and it hasn’t turned the web into RPC.  Why have RPC methods like PATCH PUT and DELETE?

I don’t see how SEARCH “hurts” the web. If GET is supposed to be a web linkable resource and not one with embedded RPC functions like SEARCH or for that matter delete (e.g. GET http://example.com/Users/123?method=delete). In a hypermedia web, don’t we want to keep GET from being overloaded with functions like search?

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com
phil.hunt@oracle.com