Re: Implementer intent -- option 3 for #578

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 01:53:09AM +0900, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote:
> ???I've done quick hack to implement option 3 in nghttp2:
> https://github.com/tatsuhiro-t/nghttp2/tree/hpack-opt3

Thank you very much for this!

> Not much tested, but it should work for me with hpack-test-cases.
>
> deflatehd under src directory is handy to test compression ratio.
> I don't have custom header dominated data to experiment with.

Maybe Jeff can run his headers through it and compare ? That way he
won't have to publish sensitive data.

> ???I still think that unless it shows drastic improvements over -09 draft,
> another interop is not worth it.

The goal was not to show some drastic improvements but to address the
regressions that make Jeff want to switch back to previous one, and at
the same time try to avoid that same situation repeating for many other
users in the future. I do think that what we have is fine but does not
adequately cover *certain* workloads (it tends to be over-optimized for
regular browsing only as we know it in 2014).

Best regards,
Willy