Re: Implementer intent -- option 3 for #578

Speaking for Jetty.

I completely agree that if we were to adopt Option 3, then another cycle is
justified to test it.

I definitely think something needs to be done as if the current static
table is etched into a standard it will be a bit of an embarrassment for
all time (kind of like the spelling of referer :)

I think a revised static table like I've proposed in
https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/587   is perhaps a compromise
that would not need the extra cycle, but achieve many of the benefits with
little cost.

In short, getting it right is more important for us than getting it out
before Q2-2015.  We don't think the status quo is right, but could live
with either a #587 style fix in the short term or an option 3 fix in the
mid term.

cheers

Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*