Re: Straw Poll: Restore Header Table and Static Table Indices

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 09:26, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> For the first proposal I can understand, but for the second one, where's
> the big change in just applying an offset to the index number (since it's
> basically what it boils down to, by having only the tail of the static
> header table not fit in the single-byte encoding) ?

My issue is that it's totally untested, and the fact that we have
offsets at all in HPACK (the 1-based indexing versus most languages
being 0-based) has already caused enough interop problems in my
experience. It's silly, in my opinion, to introduce the possibility for
even more interop problems of the same ilk as those we have already
fixed. That's what makes it significant.
--
Peace,
  -Nick