Re: Straw Poll: Restore Header Table and Static Table Indices

Hi Nicholas,

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 09:10:45AM -0700, Nicholas Hurley wrote:
> I'm a big -1 on both of those options. They are both rather significant
> changes that have no proof of viability behind them, and are even larger
> changes than the one Jeff proposed (and in my estimation - take that for
> what you will - have no place being considered at this stage of the
> process). Note: this does not in any way mean I'm any more positive on
> Jeff's proposed change.

For the first proposal I can understand, but for the second one, where's
the big change in just applying an offset to the index number (since it's
basically what it boils down to, by having only the tail of the static
header table not fit in the single-byte encoding) ?

Regards,
Willy