Re: null ciphers in 9.2.2

On 1 October 2014 10:22, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:

> PS: Apologies if text was already suggested recently for this, I
> really didn't have time to read the many thousands of lines of
> mail on the couple of dozen lines of 9.2.2;-)

If you have not read my contributions, then please do not (incorrectly)
paraphrase the suggestions that I have made in this WG.

> If you have a substantive suggestion for how to better couple or
> decouple the two specifications, then again, suggesting text would
> be the way I think.

As it has been pointed out before, the text in our charter perfectly
describes how to decouple the two specifications:

*Note that it is expected that the Working Group will work with the TLS
working group to define how the protocol is used with the TLS Protocol; any
revisions to RFC 2818 will be done in the TLS working group.*

Thus I would substantively suggest that  HTTP over TLS should be specified
by a revision of "RFC2818 HTTP Over TLS"

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>