RE: #603: Frame layout

On Saturday,27 September 2014 07:42, phk@phk.freebsd.dk wrote:
> In message <D70B5870-4474-46DD-A16D-E6A1F3521F51@gbiv.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" writes:
>>On Sep 26, 2014, at 9:02 AM, Nottingham, Mark wrote:
>>
>>> <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/603>
>>>=20
>>> It doesn=92t seem like there is consensus to adopt a change here; as
>>>=
>>many have pointed out, our protocol is not aligned anyway, and the
>>other = gains are marginal at best.
>>>=20
>>> Anyone feel strongly about this still, or can we WONTFIX?
>>
>>I still feel strongly about it, in the sense that the current protocol
>>design is rather hideous, in my opinion.  The effect is more complex
>>implementations, which will impact high-speed processing (particularly
>>when used for non-network communication).
>
>I'm with Roy here.  I think the proposed change should be made.

I'm with PHK and Roy. I think the proposed change should be made.

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.