Re: Expiration impending: <draft-nottingham-http-patch-status-00.txt>

Ideally, the patch format would carry something to do that. If not, we’d need some external means of verifying it (such as one of the various hash / signature mechanisms under discussion); the trick is to make sure what the hash/sig is applied to is clear.

The other thing to think about when creating a patch format, btw, is whether the patch can manipulate stored HTTP headers; it might be worth coming up with some generic way to do that too (tho it’d be a bit ugly, I suspect, if it’s carried in headers).

Cheers,

Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/