Re: h2 use of Upgrade

You could also use MIME media types - compared to the number of types in actual use, the MIME media type registry is a little impoverished.  Yet I don't think anyone would argue against using MIME media types in Internet protocols.

A lot of identifiers never get registered with IANA, even if all it takes is an email. Sometimes it is because developers don't understand the process or the importance of registering, and sometimes it is because their employers do not allow it (!).