Re: h2 header field names

On 2014-09-03 21:36, Martin Thomson wrote:
>     Characters in header field values that are not valid according to the
>     "field-content" rule (see [RFC7230], Section 3.2), SHOULD be percent-
>     encoded before translated into HTTP/1.1 header field values.
>
> I hate using SHOULD, but it seems like if I made that a MUST, it would
> be immediately ignored.

Wait! Percent-Encoded?

If we can't transport the field value, we really shouldn't alter it in
a way the recipient isn't going to understand (reminder: percent
encoding isn't really a feature of field values!).

SO I think it would be much better to reject these, optimally on the
HTTP/2 layer as well.

Best regards, Julian