Re: h2 padding

That would require far more surgery that I'd expect to want to see for a
reasonable proxy.
While it could be done at the TLS (or DTLS) or application layer, that is
not the layer with which most proxy writers are familiar.
It also means that one would have to re-do padding for any other encryption
mechanism/tunnel, which would be problematic sometimes.

Padding is still relevant for HTTP (without TLS) if you know you might be
traversing the internet via a VPN, for instance..
-=R