Re: handling bad priority parameters

On 21 August 2014 20:30, Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au> wrote:
> 1. What's the appropriate reaction if a HEADERS or PRIORITY frame includes
> an invalid stream dependency? i.e. too large, odd when it should be even,
> etc? I can see a case for allowing future IDs into the tree, completely
> ignoring bad priority data, or for throwing a stream error. Which should it
> be?

My intent, which I failed to capture, was to say that if you don't
have priority state for the parent stream, the dependent stream
instead is given default priority (that means stream 0, weight 16).

> 2. What do we do if we receive a trailing HEADERS frame that contains
> priority info?

I think that we should fix that too.

https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/commit/620348d708aba641e4e09b0b7abd6960c199a764