Re: Static Table Entries

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 13:04:26 -0700
To: "Simpson, Robby (GE Energy Management)" <robby.simpson@ge.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 8 August 2014 12:46, Simpson, Robby (GE Energy Management)
<robby.simpson@ge.com> wrote:
> One other issue I've found in the static table entries:  I've noted that
> they are all in alphabetical order, which makes searching much easier.
> However, there appears to be one outlier -- "accept."  Since "/" comes
> before "/index.html", shouldn't "accept" come before "accept-charset",
> etc.?

Ordering is another area where we didn't have good enough data.

And yes, accept is lexically before accept-charset.  See previous
comments. I'm sure that will annoy some people, but I'm honest enough
to admit that I get a small amount of enjoyment from annoying the
obsessive-compulsive.