Re: HPACK: pseudo-headers ordering

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:37:24 -0700
To: Kaoru Maeda <kaorumaeda.ml@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 6 August 2014 03:31, Kaoru Maeda <kaorumaeda.ml@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the word "MUST" states that HPACK should bring pseudo-
> headers to the beginning?

The implication here by having this requirement in HTTP/2 and not HPACK, is
that the HTTP mapping maintains this.  Though this is largely a division of
responsibilities thing that we don't usually worry about here, you are free
to structure your code as you choose.  If I were building HPACK, I wouldn't
bother even looking at the header field names.