Re: HTTP/2 and Constrained Devices

On 4 August 2014 15:05, Simpson, Robby (GE Energy Management)
<robby.simpson@ge.com> wrote:
> Was the number based on the average response size or something?  Some of
> those fun heavy tail measurements?

The number was based on experience with SPDY.  I'm not sure that
anyone shared the exact process by which this number was selected.  I
recall it being the smallest size that people could tolerate when we
discussed it at some meeting (which all blur into one, I'm afraid).
There has been no suggestion that the default be reduced further.

A minimum of 256 was floated, but without a great deal of support.