Header Parsing Profile

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:54:46 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In Toronto, we briefly discussed an idea that came up earlier on the list -- creating a specification for error handling when parsing HTTP headers.

This would be an optional profile; implementations or applications that choose to use it can do so, but its use would not be mandated.

There seemed to be support and interest in work in this area. However, we need to gather more information, I think.

So, I've started a wiki page to gather possible areas of work here:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/wiki/HeaderParsing

Please contribute.

Cheers,

--