Re: Consequences of removing the reference set

In the test data there are 38037 fields in 3267 headers of which 161 have
duplicate header names:

     58 Duplicate: cache-control
     43 Duplicate: content-type
     19 Duplicate: pragma
     19 Duplicate: expires
      9 Duplicate: set-cookie
      7 Duplicate: x-content-type-options
      2 Duplicate: last-modified
      2 Duplicate: content-length
      2 Duplicate: accept-ranges

However, I think this says more about the quality of the data set than it
says about the likelyhood of duplicate headers - duplicate cache-control
and content-type fields are almost certainly not good.

For my part, I'm not that interested in the byte saving of avoiding
encoding a duplicate name.  It is more work to discover if the name is
duplicate than to invest a few bits to just encode it and move on.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>