Re: Consequences of removing the reference set

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:26:37 -0700
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 24 July 2014 11:03, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that it would make sense to potentially (at the compressor's
> option) have same-named header fields referenced by a single op-code.
> Analysis may prove that this is a needless concern though.

What do you suggest that we do?  Based on the information we have on
the two options, the reduced complexity suggests that '\0'-concat
isn't worth it.  Unless you would like to find some more information
to tilt the scales in the other direction.  I'd suggest that would
need to happen quickly, just as I suggested the same to Herve when he
suggested we use ranges for header table references (though that would
require tuning in addition to tests).