Re: Recovery from decompression failure (was: Re: Cost analysis: (was: Getting to Consensus: CONTINUATION-related issues))

In message <CABkgnnV82KWYVzHKNzFH7fXp4hZoC7vsqGsJcPDRep-O1qKuQQ@mail.gmail.com>
, Martin Thomson writes:

>Yes, I would use SETTINGS ACK as the marker to use for trimming the
>header table down, but still require the next header block after that
>to include a context update.  That might mean two rounds of eviction
>if the encoder chooses to use a smaller table size, but that's the
>safest approach.

The safest and by far most efficient approach is to have an oopcode
for it.

Why that was felt necessary for the reference set but not for the
dynamic set is a good question.

Resizing the dynamic set to zero and then back up invites the
receivers to complicate their memory management because the most
likely resize of the dynamic set isn't going to be one.