Re: consensus on :query ?

a URI is just a construction of several components glued together with
delimiters, e.g.

://
@
:
/
?
&
#

etc.

this places constraints on the component values, since you can't use
structural delimiters inside values.  This means if we do want to
include such things, we have to escape them, and it snowballs from
there.

Imagine if we just sent all individual parts of a URI in different
fields, where we didn't need to parse them to distinguish the parts.  No
more %20 vs +, no more string escape unicode exploits.

Sure we might need to aggregate things to create a cache key etc, but
that's a safe operation.