Re: consensus on :query ?

In message <2E9D36EF-978F-49E4-8A23-22CD3536680A@oracle.com>, Phil Hunt writes:

>There is a broader issue of how to handle queries in HTTP...
>
>Do as a separate header against any http method as suggested?
>
>Or...
>
>Do as a new http method eg QUERY to reduce overloading of POST
>and other methods.

Uhm, I think you're misunderstanding.

My proposal is to transport the part of the url after the first '?'
in a separate pseudo-header (:query), just line we have already
split the url into :scheme, :authority, :method and :path.

The main argument is that this will improve compression, since
the :path part is much more constant than the :query part.

:query parts are and can be used with all :methods.