Re: Getting to Consensus on 1xx Status Codes (#535)

Roy,

I think the issue *I* have with more 1xx status codes is that, thanks to the precedent set by 101, the recipient can't just ignore a 1xx status code it doesn't understand and wait for another response to come along.  And there is no guarantee that a particular status code is transmitted end-to-end - 101 is certainly a per-hop mechanism, and in my experience 100 is commonly dropped by proxies.