Re: Call for Consensus: Frame size (to address #553)

In message <CA+pLO_ik5H2R-KVyt0dac7o2kd-WwW8mAvUh_TazM9U4oCH1tg@mail.gmail.com>, Jeff Pinner writ
es:
>On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>> In message <CA+pLO_h2799vs37eY1HaSnBUmcGkGW-tmjTCJe1WeKZJRAtQGA@mail.gmail.com>, Jeff Pinner writ
>> es:
>>
>>>So am I to read this as a client might advertise a max frame size of
>>>256 bytes and then request a 2GB file?
>>
>> yes.
>>
>> And the server is free to return 418 or react in any other way it might
>> find appropriate.
>
>assuming i've already returned the 418, what would the suggestion be?

Whatever you like.

If you think it is a DoS of some kind, just RST it.

If you think the user is doing something stupid, return them a 200 and
tell them to download the file from another computer ?