Re: Large Frame Proposal

On 12/07/2014 1:23 p.m., Roberto Peon wrote:
> h2-13 can be fragmented, but not interleaved. Those are different things!
> -=R

non-interleaving and fragmenting mean nothing ...

On 12/07/2014 2:59 a.m., Roberto Peon wrote:
> IIRC we've seen response headers as large as 12mb,
> at which point we said: OK, lets have a 2G limit (effectively infinite),
> because clearly we can't predict this.
>
> -=R

... when attempting to manage such large headers. Each status-quo
fragment is only 16KB after all. Easily enough to buffer right?

Ability to know and reject the total up front is crucial. The simplest
and best way to do that is with atomic large frames.

Avoiding the penalty imposition of coping with inifinity on all
implementations we (Greg et al) have the SETTINGS limit.

Amos