RE: Large Frame Proposal

On Thursday,10 July 2014 14:52, squid3@treenet.co.nz wrote:
> So in effect, adding 16 bits of reserved space before the length.
> THen defining that when the SETTINGS_HEADER_FRAME_SIZE
> extension setting is received is un-reserves 8 or 16 of those bits
> and the become a longer length value.
>
> Lets call a spade a spade:
> 24/31-bit length field with a default maximum size of 16KB.

Agreed. The purpose of the reserved bits was for a future rev of the protocol to move from 24 to 31 bits, *not* for an extension of h2.

(I suppose technically an unrelated extension could steal those bits before we get to h3, unless we explicitly say they are reserved for future extensions of the length field.)

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.