Re: Large Frame Proposal

On 7 July 2014 17:02, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:

> You can see that the example given that the calculation to adjust the max
> frame size is done as part of the calculation for window size.

It's only that way because you made it that way.  The common factor is
that they deal with incoming bytes.  That's not a particularly strong
argument.

> I think that allowing a dynamic stream max frame size is just another useful
> lever that some flow control algorithms will like to pull.

"I think" doesn't really go far enough to justify what is a pretty
fundamental change to the structure of the protocol (far more so, in
my opinion than the relatively arbitrary change to frame size).

We could build all sorts of knobs, levers and dials.  The key to
success doesn't involve finding all those that can be justified and
add them, it involves finding all those that can be done without and
removing them.