Re: #541: CONTINUATION

From: Nicholas Hurley <hurley@todesschaf.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:22:05 -0700
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>, IETF HTTP WG <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
I could get behind the idea of mandating a full HEADERS frame before
sending a CONTINUATION. However, I don't want the setting. People are going
to set whatever they want for their max compressed header block size (note:
NOT frame size, I still want continuation if I'm talking to an endpoint
that allows > 16k). They're going to set a limit even without this change
to the spec. If there is any header block that exceeds that limit, the
connection will most likely be failed anyway. No sense in negotiating a
setting when you can just send a GOAWAY in the exceedingly rare
pathological case.

Peace,
  -Nick