Re: YAC Proposal

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 05:42:36PM -0700, Roberto Peon wrote:
> I wonder how many servers don't. I don't know of any major servers with
> such a cap, but I'm surely in the dark.
> Do we know how many place a cap on the size of response headers?

Any request or response which flows through haproxy in its default settings
will be limited to 8kB by default, and most sites using it default to 15kB
as they start from common examples using this setting. This is for both
directions, request and response. I'm still very surprized that some
intermediaries have different limits for requests and responses, as if
they need to process headers in one direction they surely have to process
them in the other direction as well, at least to correctly parse the
response and content-length to keep the framing alright.

> If just about everything supports it, why would it be an extension?

The purpose clearly is that all products which do not need to support more
than 16kB do not *need* to implement them.

Willy