Re: Reference set in HPACK

It is fairly common to want to use the same css, js, and often even images
on the first pageload and subsequent navigations.

When you inline a resource, you cannot cache that inlined resource.
That means that you'll need to send it again if it is to be in the cache.
This implies wasted bytes, additional latency for that page load, or
complexity in doing fancy background loads.

With an efficient push mechanism, you don't inline.
You send the resources as themselves, achieving the benefit of inlining
without the poor caching consequences of using it.

-=R