Re: HTTP/2 response completed before its request

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> OK thanks for explaining. But I still fail to see the difference. And
> upload
> and a download are exactly the same, in both cases we're sending a message
> body and any party should be free to abort receipt saying it doesn't want
> it
> anymore.

I agree - you just used the canceled download as an example - so I stayed
on track with it as it would be much more common that the scenario in this
thread.

In the okhttp case the server is the one receiving a stream it might not
want. Its state is half-closed-local (because it has already generated the
END_STREAM) and from that state it can send a RST_STREAM, NO_ERROR and the
client ought to stop uploading stuff when it receives that.