Re: HTTP/2 response completed before its request

From: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:31:24 -0400
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Cc: "William Chan (?????????)" <willchan@chromium.org>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, Jesse Wilson <jesse@swank.ca>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> OK thanks for explaining. But I still fail to see the difference. And
> upload
> and a download are exactly the same, in both cases we're sending a message
> body and any party should be free to abort receipt saying it doesn't want
> it
> anymore.

I agree - you just used the canceled download as an example - so I stayed
on track with it as it would be much more common that the scenario in this
thread.

In the okhttp case the server is the one receiving a stream it might not
want. Its state is half-closed-local (because it has already generated the
END_STREAM) and from that state it can send a RST_STREAM, NO_ERROR and the
client ought to stop uploading stuff when it receives that.