HTTP/3, was: HTTP/2 DoS Vulnerability (Was: HTTP/2 response completed before its request)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 14:13:58 +0200
To: Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>, "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net>
CC: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org>, William Chan <willchan@chromium.org>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, Jesse Wilson <jesse@swank.ca>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2014-07-02 13:30, Mike Belshe wrote:
> There is no real discussion of HTTP/3.  PHK proposed HTTP/3 discussion
> as a bucket to catch the same arguments that he lost in HTTP/2
> discussions. As far as I can tell, he is the only one talking about it.
>   The rest of us are still working on HTTP/2.

Actually, the term "HTTP/3" as the thing we may or may not do after
HTTP/2 has come up a lot.

In HTTP/2 we were constrained both by charter (being able to convert
from/to 1.1) and the proposal we started with (and the audience pushing
for it).

I hope that in future work we'll work on issues *other* than performance
again.

Best regards, Julian