RE: Reference set in HPACK

On Wednesday,02 July 2014 09:46, grmocg@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm all for people generating such data and coming to conclusions based on it.
> I'd caution that one should not predicate the analysis on pages that look exactly
> as they do today, nor headers which look exactly as they do today.
>
> Essentially all of the time that I commit to HTTP2 these days comes out of personal
> time, and doing such an analysis would require more time than I'm willing to take
> away from my family or more likely, sleep.
> -=R

I certainly can empathize.  I appreciate your commitment to your family (I really do, *this is not a snark*, I'm a family man too).

My only debate is that there is no data to show that reference sets are worthwhile, *just theory*.

So the onus is on the theorists to come up with proof that reference sets are worthwhile.  Whether that's you or somebody else.

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.