Re: Reference set in HPACK

From: 山本和彦 <kazu@iij.ad.jp>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 14:52:15 +0900 (JST)
To: grmocg@gmail.com
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hi Roberto,

> You're basing conclusions on today's data, instead of looking forward as to
> what might happen when the set of headers sent adapts to the compression
> method, making it significantly more likely for items in the reference set
> to be emitted.

If you believe that reference set is suitable for headers in the
future, please give me such examples so that I can convince.

In my understating, reference set cannot contribute for ANY headers.
Typically an index is represented by one byte. Even if you can omit
sending some indices, we can save just some bytes.

--Kazu